The Farmington Recycling Center is located at 212 Industrial Drive and is available for use by all city residents. Once the recycling bins are full, the gates are closed until the materials are collected by Republic Services. Collections are scheduled for Tuesdays and Fridays. Please note that inclement weather and holidays may cause a delay in the normal collection schedule.
The recycling center accepts the following recyclable materials:
- All tearable paper (catalogs, phone books, junk mail, cardboard, spiral notebooks, colored and coated paper, gift wrap paper, etc.)
- Chipboard boxes (cereal, cake, food mix, milk and juice cartons, and gift boxes)
- Paperback books
- #1 clear and green plastic resin items (soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles)
- #2 clear plastic resin items (milk and juice containers)
- #2 colored plastic resin items (detergent, fabric softener, and colored plastic)
- #3 and #7 plastic resin items (ketchup bottles, syrup bottles, narrow neck containers, shampoo bottles, plastic cosmetic containers, etc.)
- #4 and #5 plastic resin containers (margarine tubs, frozen dessert cups, etc.)
- Six and twelve pack rings
- Steel and aluminum cans, aluminum trays and foil
- Clean plastic buckets up to five-gallon size
The following are not accepted: glass, plastic bags, Styrofoam, hardbound books, thin
plastic film, #6 plastics, twist ties, oil, insecticides, hazardous material containers,
electronics, clothing or cloth items.