The Farmington Recycling Center is open now and is located at 212 Industrial Drive in Farmington.
The recycling center accepts the following recyclable materials:
- All tearable paper (catalogs, phone books, junk mail, cardboard, spiral notebooks, colored and coated paper, gift wrap paper, etc.)
- Chipboard boxes (cereal, cake, food mix, milk and juice cartons, and gift boxes)
- Paperback books
- #1 clear and green plastic resin items (soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles)
- #2 clear plastic resin items (milk and juice containers)
- #2 colored plastic resin items (detergent, fabric softener, and colored plastic)
- #3 and #7 plastic resin items (ketchup bottles, syrup bottles, narrow neck containers, shampoo bottles, plastic cosmetic containers, etc.)
- #4 and #5 plastic resin containers (margarine tubs, frozen dessert cups, etc.)
- Six and twelve pack rings
- Steel and aluminum cans, aluminum trays and foil
- Clean plastic buckets up to five-gallon size
The following are not accepted: glass, plastic bags, Styrofoam, hardbound books, thin
plastic film, #6 plastics, twist ties, oil, insecticides, hazardous material containers,
electronics, clothing or cloth items.