Education is at the forefront of many residents’ priorities in the City of Farmington. Offering top-rate educational opportunities to students of Farmington is a leading component of life in the city. Creating lifelong learners and successful professionals has always been a priority for local educators. Farmington R-7 School District, recognized by the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education as a district with Distinction in Performance, is the largest school system in St. Francois County. As Home of the Knights, the district educates more than 3,700 students in grades K-12 and more than 140 preschoolers. The district operates an early childhood center, a kindergarten center, three elementary schools, an intermediate school, a middle school, a high school and an alternative education center. Committed to the success of all students and their readiness for college and careers, the district offers numerous academic support and enrichment opportunities at all grade levels. The high school also offers a host of outstanding extra-curricular activities and athletics, many of which have placed in district and state championships. High school students also have the opportunity to take college courses and earn dual credits prior to graduation or participate in the school’s A+ Program, which offers free tuition at community colleges after graduation.
Honors and Recognition:
- Distinction in Performance: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Farmington High School: 2008 Bronze Medal Award by the U. S. News & World Report, 1993 National Blue Ribbon School
- Lincoln Intermediate: 2009-10 Most Improved MAP Scores in Farmington School District
- Jefferson Elementary: 2007 Missouri Gold Star School, 2007 National Blue Ribbon School
- Roosevelt Elementary: 2011 Missouri Gold Star School, 2011 National Blue Ribbon School, 2009 Missouri Gold Star School
- Washington-Franklin Elementary: 2009 Missouri Gold Star School, 2009 National Blue Ribbon School, 2009 National Title 1 Distinguished School
- Board of Education: 2011 Recognition by the Missouri School Boards’ Association as one of the top 25 school boards in Missouri
For more information about Farmington R-7, go to www.farmington.k12.mo.us, or call 573-701-1300.