- Heritage Quest Online– Log in through the OPAC
- Ancestry.com Library Edition- Only available at the library
- Google– Google is a genealogist’s best friend! Type in a name and see what you find!
- History at Home: A Guide to Genealogy
- Chronicling America Newspaper Archive
- St. Francois County Obituaries
- St. Francois County Probate Index
- St. Francois County Rootsweb
- Missouri Death Certificates
- Missouri Coroner’s Inquest Search
- Family Search
- Find A Grave
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
Patron Submitted Links
Farmington Public Library proudly houses the Mineral Area’s most comprehensive genealogical and historical collections. People come to our library from all over the world to research their St. Francois County roots.
Visitors are always welcome to the Genealogy Department during regular library hours. Assistance in this area is available when staff or volunteers are present.
The library has subscriptions to Ancestry.com Library Edition and Heritage Quest Online which can be accessed from the library’s patron computers. Visitors with their own laptops can use the internet wirelessly for $1 per 3 hour session.
Due to irreplaceable materials housed in the genealogical department, the area is kept locked when unmanned. A security camera records activities in and around the department. Visitors to this new area are asked to sign in and leave purses, totes, satchels, etc.. in their vehicles or at the circulation desk.
Click here to access HeritageQuestOnline.
Log in to the OPAC using your patron number and PIN. Your PIN is your last name, all lowercase letters.