The City of Farmington adopted basic storm water management regulations in 1997. The city obtained a General State Operating Permit for a Small Municipal Storm Sewer System from the Department of Natural Resources in 2002, pursuant to state and federal regulations. The city is actively working under this permit to reduce the harmful effects of storm water runoff.
- Storm Water Ordinance
- Storm Water Ordinance Addendum 10-28-13
- Storm Water Ordinance Addendum 11-23-15
- Buyout Form
A Development Permit is required for grading, paving, sidewalks, driveways, land disturbance, and site improvement activity as identified within the attached Stormwater Ordinance.
To obtain a development the applicant must submit:
- An application form.
- A Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPP).
- A Stormwater Management Plan.
- A copy of the approved state Land Disturbance Permit.
- The required fee.
The publication Protecting Water Quality contains standard specifications and practices approved by the city for control of erosion, pollution, and sediment.