Farmington Annexation


A property owner who owns property that is contiguous and compact with the existing city limits may petition the city for annexation. Voluntary annexation is required to obtain access to city water and sewer.

Please see our Voluntary Annexation Guide for more information.

Involuntary (contested)

The city may seek to annex property from without being petitioned or receiving a request from the property owners involved. This type of annexation does not occur very often and there are very detailed procedures for this type of annexation which include issuing public notices, holding hearings and a public vote.