Have a party, special event, or group gathering planned? You should get out and enjoy the great outdoors. For more information, or to reserve a pavilion that has all the amenities and is just your size, call the Farmington Civic Center at 573-756-0900. Pavilion reservations are currently being accepted. All reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, and a nominal fee will be charged for each reservation.
FARMINGTON PAVILION USERS GUIDE
Listed below are guidelines and helpful information for users of Park Pavilions in Farmington. We hope these guidelines assist with an enjoyable visit to our parks.
* Pavilion users are responsible for trash pickup and clean up of the pavilion (if it is dirty when you arrive the previous user may have left it that way). Take plastic trash bags with you in the event trash receptacles are full, stack the trash bags next to the receptacles and they will be picked up. Food is considered to be trash.
* Some pavilions are close to restrooms some are not – check with the park office for locations if you require restrooms.
* Pavilion reserver’s with reservation cards have the exclusive right to use the pavilion as specified on the reservation card. Pavilion’s may be occupied unreserved during regular park hours, except in the above exclusion.
* Water is available at most pavilions, for those that do not have water other locations in the park may be used, bathrooms, hydrants, etc. Check for water locations at the park office.
* Pavilion reserver’s DO NOT have the exclusive right to the other areas in the park, i.e. tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball, horseshoes, swings, etc., other patrons in the park may share adjacent areas.
* Some items you may want to consider in your preparation to visit a pavilion.
- Table cloths or covers, trash bags
- Barbecue supplies – charcoal, lighter, aluminum foil, utensils, matches, etc.
- Paper towels and extra bathroom tissue
- Brooms, buckets (for water)
* Electricity is supplied to all park pavilions. Dusk to dawn lights installed in pavilion’s activate automatically. Emergency service is not provided.
* Special events or gatherings which require sound systems, tents, rides, or other equipment that must be set up in the park must have prior approval from a representative of Parks & Recreation, or an assigned agent of the City.
* All Park Regulations including those found on the back of the reservation card are in effect and in full force.
* Immediate service/repair is not available to pavilion reserver’s, however we inspect pavilions on a regular basis. It is always a good idea to pre-inspect your pavilion and report problems to the Park office at the number listed below.
* To reserve a pavilion contact the Civic Center at 756-0900, Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. or Sunday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., stop by the Civic Center at 2 Black Knight Drive, or reserve online using the link above.