The library subscribes to several online databases as a service to its patrons. Please contact the library if you have any questions about this or other services provided by the library.
To log into Newsbank, please type “fpl” followed by your 4-digit patron number when prompted. If you don’t have a 4 digit patron number, come by the library and we’ll issue you one. If you have any questions, please call the library at (573) 756-5779.
- Discovering Collection:
- Thousands of overview essays, critical analyses, biographies, primary sources, creative works and multimedia elements make it easy for students to research papers and class assignments in five core subject areas: history, literature, biography, science and social studies.
- Kids InfoBits:
- Designed for students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a developmentally appropriate and graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age appropriate, curriculum related magazine and reference content.
- Business and Company ASAP
- Providing researchers with information on companies, markets and industries. From market trends, mergers and acquisitions to current management theory and company overviews. Access business and trade journals, newspapers and company directory profiles with full text and images.
- Business and Company Resource Center
- Business and Company Resource Center is a fully integrated resource bringing together company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies and periodicals. Search this database to find detailed company and industry news and information.
Learning Express Library is a service that allows you to sharpen your skills and improve your score with practice tests and self-paced courses. Improve reading, writing, and math skills with instant detailed score reports and answer explanations. You can practice for tests such as the ACT, AP, ASVAB, EMS, GED, SAT, GMAT, U.S. Citizenship, and many others.
HeritageQuest Online – Access to many resources for genealogy research, including United States Censuses 1790-1930, books, PERSI, Revolutionary War records, Freedman’s Bank (1865-1874) for African American research, and the U.S. Serial Set.
Newsbank – Access The Kansas City Star 01/01/1991 – current, The St. Louis Post Dispatch 01/01/1988 – current, and more.